torsdag 29. mars 2012

Hat Project - Indian Headdress

We were asked to make a hat or some sort of headdress. I started sketching down my ideas, and they looked a little something like this.

I decided to go with the panda hat, and made a model in paper.
I realised that it would be a bit hard to make, and decided to try something else. That's when i came up with this idea. 
This is inspired by the Indian Chief Headresses. I've always liked them and thought why not make one myself.
I took my faveourite elements from all of the sketches and put them together in one.




 I started putting toghether the feathers that would go ontop of the fabric.





 Then i designed the pattern i would later embroider on the fabric.



 The next step was to attach the feathers.



 I added two pieces of fabric to the back to tie the headdress in the back.

And this was the finished product.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar